Instagram Inspiration: June


I am obsessed with Instagram!  It makes me think I need thinks that I don't but it also inspires me to try new things in my classroom!  Here are 5 June Instagram posts that I loved.  You will find some organizational tips, a reading challenge, projects and teacher quotes!

The first step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem.  I have a problem with Instagram.  I love it and I am on it waaaaaay too much!  It makes me want things I don’t need but it also inspires me to try new things.  So I am going to combine my love of Instagram and blogging by starting a new monthly feature: Instagram Inspiration.  I will share my 5 favorite Instagram pics from my feed.  Welcome to the June edition:

A photo posted by Jenn (@readinginroom11) on

Erin Condren Teacher Planner:

Here is the perfect example of Instagram making me think I can't live without something.  I usually make my own planner on the computer, but this year I'm going to give this beauty a try!  Since I am not a classroom teacher I do not need to log absences.  Rather than waste a page I decided to create the template for my passwords.

If you would like to do the same - click here: http://bit.ly/ECpasswordPage
I recommend cutting the label, sticking it to another blank label, and then applying it!

A photo posted by Jenn (@readinginroom11) on

Summer Reading Challenge:

This is also something that I came across on Instagram!  It is a freebie from A Teachable Teacher's Teachers Pay Teachers store.  My teammates and I added some mystery by sealing it with a label that said "Top Secret."  The front label said that they could not open the envelope until the first day of summer!  This Summer Reading Challenge had a nice variety for students so we were able to use it for students in K-5.

A photo posted by Jenn (@readinginroom11) on

Crayon Storage:

This is one of my favorite organizational tips from Pinterest!  A travel soap container ($1 at Walmart) can hold a box of 24 crayons!  I used to have kids share from a large bin of crayons, but it is so nice for kids to have they own set that is in an easy to manage container!

A photo posted by Jenn (@readinginroom11) on

End of the Year Teacher Gifts:

One of my friends is a chalkboard extraordinaire!  She also happens to be one of my son's teachers so I knew that there was no better end of the year gift other than - you guessed it - a chalkboard. Unfortunately she has crazy chalkboard skills and I don't.  So I cheated!  I found a quote, displayed it on my Promethean board and traced it onto the chalkboard in pencil.  Then I went over the letters with my chalkboard pen.  In case you were wondering...I am now also obsessed with chalkboards.

A photo posted by Jenn (@readinginroom11) on

Saying Goodbye:

An amazing teacher from my school just retired and this is one of the five (that is not a typo) cakes that we had for her.  This has always been one of my favorite quotes about teachers and it is so perfect for this particular person.  

Thank you so much for checking out my first installment of Instagram Inspiration!







Pin for later:
Instagram makes me think i need things that I don't but it also inspires me to try new things in my classroom!  Here are 5 June Instagram posts that I loved.  You will find some organizational tips, a reading challenge, projects and teacher quotes!


No comments

Back to Top